Saturday, October 3, 2015

Ultimate Accountability

In my opinion there’s no better way to be held accountable than to tell others what you need to be held accountable for. So here it goes!

Last Friday night in my women’s bible study I was asked, “What are three specific things in your life keeping you from being more on fire for God?”

My answers:
  1. TV
  2. Laziness
  3. Clutter
That question has stayed with me throughout the past week and I prayed about what I could do about it. How can I change these things in my life so that I am more on fire for God? Then yesterday during my time with God I read Psalm 51:10 “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”  I immediately started thinking that I needed to have an area of focus each month that would help me deal with the things I listed that keep me from being on fire from God. I needed these things to create a pure heart and be renewed. Yesterday I started making a mental list of these things and today I wrote them down! I also wrote them in my prayer journal as a commitment to God.

I’m not sharing them with the world to toot my own horn. I’m sharing them so that my friends will know and hold me accountable! I’m also sharing because I believe others probably struggle with the same things and long for renewal in their relationship with God. 

My list: 

After Brendon got up this morning I shared my list with him and asked him if he wanted to join me in any of these. When I read him the first one he said, “That’s weird. I was just thinking that I needed to save my money and not buy things I don’t need.” I said, “Maybe God was already speaking to you about it.”

Here’s Brendon’s list: 

My relationship with God is the most important thing in my life and I pray that making these commitments will help me grow more in my relationship with Him and be more on fire for Him! I also pray that by sharing this you will be encouraged to grow in a relationship with Him too!




No comments:

Post a Comment