Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm not invincible...

It was pointed out to me yesterday that I am not invincible. I guess I already knew that but it became very evident yesterday when I was told my employer could no longer afford to employee me. Throughout my entire working life, since I was in high school, I’ve never been laid off. I’ve always been fortunate to work somewhere that was financially stable, even through the downturn in the economy.

As many of you know, about a year ago I left a very stable job that I loved to move, with my husband and son, back to my hometown, to be closer to family. I don’t regret that decision at all but it is especially hard now thinking about what I gave up.

After moving I accepted a position to manage a medical practice for a physician I thought I could trust. I realized that he may not be as trustworthy as I thought. And he was making very questionable financial decisions. And he continued to make those decisions and conduct his business in ways that weren’t always on the up and up. When I confronted him about these decisions I was told I shouldn’t question any decision he makes. I was also working 10 hours most days while being treated more like a servant than a valued employee.

At this point, I had to sit back and think about the situation. Was it going to change? Probably not. He was this way and always had been and certainly wasn’t going to change his ways just because I confronted him. I had to decide if I could work in this environment or not. I knew what I had and I knew it wasn’t going to change. So about 2 months ago I started looking for another position, hoping to find something before the ship sunk.

Well the ship is sinking and I was the first one overboard. In some ways it’s a relief. I can’t imagine being on the ship any longer. But it is also very scary. I don’t have a job and neither does my husband. My husband is very sick and needs a lung transplant.

As my best friend reminded me last night, I have a rich Dad, my heavenly father, who will get us through this. He’s been faithful to my family in the past and He’s not going to stop now! The Israelites placed markers to remember God’s faithfulness. When I look at Jimmy and Brendon and my friends and family I see those markers in my life.

But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children's children, to those who keep His covenant and remember to do His commandments. Psalm 103:17-18

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this! Keeping you, Jimmy and Brendon in our prayers. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete