Friday, July 5, 2013

Chicken Chimis

I made something yummy for dinner tonight! These Chicken Chimis were inspired by another recipe I found online but I made a few tweaks!

My Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken was a fail last night (it was really dry) so I had a lot of chicken I needed to use! This recipe was perfect!

Chicken Chimis

Ingredients:


  • 8oz low fat cream cheese
  • 4oz. Pepperjack cheese, shredded (could use more)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
  • 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
  • 8 Flatouts (or generic from Aldi)
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  • salsa 
Instructions:
  • Stir together cream cheese, Pepperjack cheese and taco seasoning.
  • Stir in chicken.
  • Divide among Flatouts.
  • Fold until you have a little square filled with chicken
  • Lay seam side down in a sprayed 9x13" baking dish.
  • Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
  • Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
My oven is broken right now so I actually microwaved mine and they turned out fine! The oven might make them crispy but I thought the microwave did just great. You could use tortillas but I thought the flatouts were good because they are a rectangle making it easier to fold up. I'll definitely be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment