Saturday, January 14, 2012

Makeup Board

I found a "makeup board" on Pinterest and decided to try my hand at making one! It turned out pretty well if I do say so myself!




Now some people might look at this and say, "Why would you want your makeup on display in your bathroom?". I thought it was a cute idea! And I don't have a bathroom that guests use so I thought this was something perfect for my bathroom!


Here's how I made it:


I found a picture without a frame (just a print on a piece of wood) at Goodwill for $4. 


Then I found a thin sheet of metal at Lowes for about $4.50. I told the guy at Lowes what I wanted to do and he helped me find what I needed. He even told me he thought it was a neat idea!


Then I went to JoAnn Fabric and found a fabric quarter that I liked. It fit over the picture perfectly! 


When I got home Jimmy attached the metal piece to the picture with Gorilla Glue (it works on just about anything). 






We let it dry about an hour and then used spray adhesive to attach the fabric. He sprayed the adhesive on the side with the metal on it and then I carefully laid the fabric on it and smoothed it out. Then we flipped it over and wrapped the rest of the fabric around the sides to the back. 





To attach the makeup containers to the board I hot glued magnets (bought at Walmart) to the containers. I used hot glue because it's easy remove later and then I could reuse the magnets. I also wasn't sure if magnets with adhesive on them would hold as well. 



Then I just stuck the magnets on the board! 

The cup holding the makeup brushes is actually an old vitamin container that Jimmy cleaned up and cut off the top. I used four magnets to attach it. I think I'm going to make one more of those for my liquid foundation and primer. 


 


I'm pretty excited to hang this in my bathroom! 

I found another fabric quarter that would work in my kitchen and I think I'm going to make another one of these to use there. I could attach recipes, spice containers, etc!


I found the inspiration for this project on http://laurathoughts81.blogspot.com/2011/03/make-up-magnet-board.html

No comments:

Post a Comment